Meet Mrs. Sonya Curry, the lovely mother of Golden State Warriors star guard, Stephen Curry. Sonya stole the spotlight with her beauty at every game she attends.
MVP Stephen’s genes sure play a great deal in his success; in one hand we have his father, Dell Curry, who played for the Charlotte Hornets and in the other, we have his mother, Sonya who was a volleyball and basketball star at Virginia Tech.
But let’s take a trip to the past.
Here are 6 Things You Didn’t Know About Stephen Curry’s Mother Sonya Curry:
- -Sonya Adams Curry attended Radford High School in Radford, Virginia. While in high school she was a standout basketball and volleyball player winning state championships in both sports.
- -She chose to play volleyball at Virginia Tech, where she and Dell Curry met. As an interesting fact, the couple started dating after Dell –ten a junior –asked her out after one of Sonya’s game –then a freshman.
- -She and Dell tied the knot in 1988. Following their nuptials, the couple moved to Charlotte, North Carolina, so Dell could play for the Hornets. Sonya gave birth to the couple’s three children: sons Stephen and Seth; daughter, Sydel Curry. (all three pictured below).
- -Sonya’s second son, Seth Curry is also a basketball player for the Erie BayHawks of the NBA Development League; while daughter Sydel is a volleyball player at Elon University.
- -Sonya whose looks stunned reporters, is not only a mom of three and former athlete but is also the grandmother to Stephen’s adorable 2-year-old daughter Riley.
- -She runs her own Montessori school in Charlotte, North Carolina. The school’s website says it was founded in 1995 by Dell and Sonya Curry, in fact, all three of her children were taught there.
You can find Sonya on Instagram here.